The career ladder calls!
If you wish to work in Germany after you’ve finished studying, you should start making plans while you’re still a student. With a degree from a German university, numerous job opportunities are available to you as an international graduate on the German job market. These tips will help you get your career off to a successful start.
The experienced careers adviser explains why it makes sense to answer these questions: “A lot of graduates only look for jobs that correspond 100% with what they have studied. They automatically ignore everything else.” A big mistake, stresses Jansen, because this “tunnel vision” can make life unnecessarily difficult. Extend your search: you don’t always have to end up doing exactly what you learnt during your studies! “It’s important to look at related fields and transfer knowledge to other areas.”
Take advantage of all the opportunities available to you, not just the internet!
Study-in wishes you a successful start to your career!
Advice in summary
- Start looking for a job early on, at the latest four months before you finish studying!
- Carry out a self-analysis!
- Don’t restrict your search too much!
- Make use of the services offered by your university!
- Take advantage of career fairs and the services offered by employment agencies!
- By now you should be proficient in German! Take German language courses while studying!
Original source: study-in.de