How to open a blocked account in Germany from Bangladesh
If your blocked account is only covered with the requested minimum amount of 8040 € for a year there is a limit of 670 € per month for the withdrawal of money. This means you will only be allowed to get 670 € per month.But on time of arrival (in addition to rental, registration and living costs) you also need to pay semester contribution or 253 € to enrol at the University.Also please remember that you will have to pay these additional costs every new semester and therefore need to have enough money on your account.
Steps you need to follow:
If you want to open a blocked account as a proof of sufficient financial resources for studying in Germany and be able to prove the financing of your stay in federal republic, you can turn to every bank in Germany. An inland residence is not necessary for the opening of a blocked account.One possibility is to ask at Deutsche Bank proceeding as follows:
Deutsche Bank Privat- und Geschäftskunden AG
Service Center PBC Hamburg
IFC-Service – Ausländische Studenten
Grosser Burstah 18-30
- you can request the necessary documents for opening a blocked account via email firstname.lastname@example.org and you will receive them back per email.
- you sign the filled out forms and submit them, as well as a copy of your passport in the General Consulate/Embassy.
- after this you send the filled out and certified forms to:
[All information is gathered with greatest care. However, liability for the correctness of the information cannot be assumed.]Source: © Universität Duisburg-Essen
- the above mentioned office in Hamburg arranges the opening of an account with the office of the future residence and informs you directly, without intervention of the General Consulate, by post and parallel by email about the account number, BLZ and IBAN of the opened account.
- finally you transfer the necessary amount to the furnished account and prove this to the German Embassy/Consulate in your home country.
Latest posts by BSAAG Germany (see all)